By December 2016, DJJDP will be operating an integrated, comprehensive juvenile justice system providing exemplary services to youth and to their families at the times and places where our services will have the greatest positive impact.
To reduce and prevent juvenile delinquency by effectively intervening, educating, and treating youth in order to strengthen families and increase public safety.
- Fostering communities that are safe from juvenile crime.
- Collaborating with judges, district attorneys, law enforcement agencies, schools, and other youth service providers to determine and provide the right program for each youth.
- To provide safe and secure housing for youth in care and to provide programming that teaches pro-social skills.
- To provide accurate assessment and effective treatment of youth.
- To prevent youths from entering, or further involvement in, the juvenile justice system through partnerships with local governments and communities.
- To provide effective and timely administrative services to internal DJJDP customers and to external recipients of community program funds.
- To develop and manage workforce development programs and services that are effective, compliant with laws and regulations, and control costs in order to attract, retain, and motivate a highly competent workforce supporting the Department's mission.
Our Core Values